Fully Inclusive £650 + *flights, per person (based on 2 sharing) Single supplement £75
27th – 30st October
3th – 6th November
Interested in a Gourmet Break this spring? – ask us for additional dates.
Other dates by arrangement, minimum 4 people (Spring or Autumn)
Full vegetarian/vegan option also available.
This luxury break is an opportunity to visit Le Marche, one of the most beautiful and undiscovered regions of Italy when it is, perhaps, at its most scenic. Autumn is the season of wine production and “new wine” of chestnuts and truffles, the trees are resplendent with red and gold foliage and, of course the olive harvest is in full swing.
In the rolling hills of central Marche, mid way between the Sibillini mountains and the Adriatic sea, olive production, like life in general still follows traditions observed for generations. The groves are generally small in a patchwork of vineyards, sunflower fields and rolling countryside. They are used mainly to produce the family’s supply for the year. One of the secrets you will discover is that this area produces some of the finest olives and oil.
On this relaxing break you, in a small group of no more than 10 people, you will have an opportunity to learn at first hand all about the cultivation of olives , the production of oil, to try your hand at olive picking, to visit a traditional press and observe the fascinating process of making extra virgin oil. The heady aroma of the olive press is truly amazing, olive oil tastes at it’s finest when it is newly pressed and you will be the one of the few to experience the taste of the oil from the olives you picked, fresh from the press. Imagine your friends and family’s reaction when you serve the oil which you helped to produce at the dinner table!
The weekend includes an afternoon at an award winning vineyard where you will be introduced to top Marchigiani wines and learn about their production.
Venues for lunch and dinner each day have been carefully chosen to give you the wonderful flavour of different cooking styles from the region. You will try the local specialities for which Marche is famous along with a range of Marche wines and spirits. – it’s not just the olive oil which keeps the population healthy well into old age!
You will have the opportunity to learn and participate in the preparation of local specialities under the friendly guidance and direction of a local Chef and then eat together what you have all carefully prepared!
Your accommodation for the break will be a stylish and comfortable apartment at Casal dei Fichi.
Sample itinerary, based on arrival at one of our local airports
- Collection from airport. Visit to vineyard with lunch.
- Transport to accommodation, welcome drinks, early evening relaxation.
- Dinner in local restaurant with regional specialities and olive oil tastings.
- Visit to the medieval town, not too early, have a leisurely start.
- Seafood lunch at coast.
- Visit to the beautiful renaissance city of Fermo
- Degustation dinner in an excellent restaurant.
- Leisurely breakfast
- Hands on cookery course based on local ingredients
- Lunch – you just made it – it must be good
- Visit an olive grove, opportunity to help pick olives or drink some wine and watch as you wish!
- Mymarca introducing local delicacies and wines produced in Le Marche
- Leisurely breakfast
- Visit the olive press, and breathe, wow the aroma! collect your special olive oil, then – sorry but
- Transport to airport.
- Transport to/from pre-agreed local airport
- All meals
- Aperitifs, wine, water and digestives with lunch and dinner
- Visits to an historical city, an olive grove & the olive press.
- Cookery course
- English speaking guide available at all times
- 3 nights accommodation at “trip advisor” best rated accommodation in Marche.
- A litre of freshly pressed extra virgin olive oil, straight from the press.
And What’s Not:
- Flights to/from UK (typical price £60 return including taxes).
Note: The itinerary order and content may be changed to reflect the flight schedule when published.